Blessed Sacrament’s Extended Day Program was established in 1986 in response to the growing need of parents to find safe and supervised after-school care for their children. The program has grown with each passing year, and presently we offer not only after-school care, but also before-school care. On school holidays, services are offered if 20 or more students are signed up in advance.
The mission of the Extended Day Program is to instill Christian values and ideals in our families, school, and parish community. It is our hope that with the cooperation and support from our families, Blessed Sacrament School’s faculty and staff, and staff of the Extended Day Program, we will have a program which benefits all, especially our children.
- Provide supervision for students in a loving and relaxed environment where children’s physical and emotional needs are met.
- Provide an environment where children will develop an enthusiasm for learning, exploring, and creativity.
- Establish an atmosphere of respect for others and self in compliance with the rules and regulations of Blessed Sacrament School, the Diocese of Savannah, and the Department of Human Resources for Child Care Providers.
- Meet or exceed all applicable standards required by the State of Georgia.
The Extended Day Program begins each afternoon with a nourishing snack and juice. Homework time is a part of the daily schedule. Children in grades 2-4 are given a thirty minute block of time for homework, while older children are given additional time as needed. In addition, various activities are offered to the children. Board games, puzzles,and playing cards are always available, as well as activities which stir creativity, such as playdough, clay, paints, building blocks, Legos, etc. We are fortunate to have the gym for organized play and for having fun with roller racers, tumbling wheels, jump ropes, hula hoops, etc. Arts and crafts are always a favorite for children of all ages.
Blessed Sacrament’s Extended Day Program is licensed by the state of Georgia. Any child participating in the program must have a completed registration form on file. It is a highly recommended that parents register their child in the event that the program is needed in the event of an emergency.
EDP OPERATING HOURS:
- School Days: 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM and 3:15 PM to 6:00 PM
- Early Dismissal Days: 12:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Conference Days: 7:30AM-5:30PM ( ONLY for those registered in the program). EDP is not available on student holidays.
REGISTRATION & FEES:
No cost to register and fees are:
- Monthly Care: $175 per child
- Drop-In: $12 per child / $25 per child on Conference Days
*Families with more than two children should contact the school directly*
- After 6:00PM: $1.00/minute; $5.00/minute after 6:10PM
Both monthly and drop in participants will be automatically billed on the first of each month. Monthly fees will be automatically withdrawn from your account via FACTS on the 15th of each month. Drop in charges will be billed on the 15th & 30th and withdrawn on the 7th and 20th. We do not prorate fees for partial months. If you wish to cancel your monthly service you must do so in writing 30 days in advance and any fees incurred prior to the notice are the participants’ sole responsibility.
Printable forms: 2017-2018 EDP Registration
For more information about our safe, and exciting EDP program contact: Marissa Williams, or call the school office at (912) 356-6987.