ATTN: Current EDP Families
Please note that EDP will begin using the gym on a daily basis beginning March 1st.
Don’t forget to check our EDP White Board for the daily schedule. Additional information will be emailed soon. THANKS!
BSS Extended Day Program (EDP)
Blessed Sacrament’s Extended Day Program was established in 1986 in response to the growing need of parents to find safe and supervised after-school care for their children. The program has grown with each passing year, and presently we offer not only after-school care, but also before-school care.
The mission of the Extended Day Program is to instill Christian values and ideals in our families, school, and parish community. It is our hope that with the cooperation and support from our families, Blessed Sacrament School’s faculty and staff, and staff of the Extended Day Program, we will have a program which benefits all, especially our children.
- Provide supervision for students in a loving and relaxed environment where children’s physical and emotional needs are met.
- Provide an environment where children will develop an enthusiasm for learning, exploring, and creativity.
- Establish an atmosphere of respect for others and self in compliance with the rules and regulations of Blessed Sacrament School, the Diocese of Savannah, and the Department of Human Resources for Child Care Providers.
- Meet or exceed all applicable standards required by the State of Georgia.
The Extended Day Program begins each afternoon with a nourishing snack and juice. Homework time is a part of the daily schedule. Students rotate every :45 minutes through stations of organized games, crafts, and free play. We are fortunate to have a new, state of the are gymnasium for organized play where the children can spread out and exert some energy!
EDP OPERATING HOURS:
- School Days: 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM and 2:30PM to 6:00 PM
- Early Dismissal Days: 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Conference Days: 7:30AM-6:00PM ( ONLY for those registered in the program). EDP is not available on student holidays.
Any child participating in the program must have a completed registration form on file. It is a highly recommended that parents register their child in the event that the program is needed in the event of an emergency.
2018/2019 REGISTRATION & FEES:
Registration deadline for the new year was August 10, 2018. Any registration received after the 10th may be placed on a waiting list.
Registration, per family, is $25.00 until August 14, 2018, and $60.00 after August 14th. The fee will be billed through FACTS within 10 days of the director receiving the registration form. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Monthly Care: $175 per child
- Drop-In: $12 per child / $25 per child on Conference Days / $18 per child on early dismissal days.
*Families with more than two children should contact the school directly*
- After 6:00PM: $1.00/minute; $5.00/minute after 6:10PM
- If you are running late please let the EDP Staff know by calling the BSS main office at 912-356-6987, extension 4, or by calling the EDP Emergency phone at 912-250-8837.
Both monthly and drop in participants will be automatically billed on the first of each month. Monthly fees will be automatically withdrawn from your account via FACTS on the 15th of each month. Drop in charges will be billed on the 15th & 30th and withdrawn on the 7th and 20th. We do not prorate fees for partial months. If you wish to cancel your monthly service you must do so in writing 30 days in advance and any fees incurred prior to the notice are the participants’ sole responsibility.
Printable forms: 2018-2019Extended Day Registration Form
For more information about our safe, and exciting EDP program contact: Marissa Williams, or call the school office at (912) 356-6987.