ATTENTION EDP FAMILIES
EDP Phone Number
The Extended Day Program has a phone number that will take you directly to our office where a counselor will speak with you.
Our office hours are Monday – Friday 2:40pm – 6:00pm.
In the event of an early dismissal day we are open 12:20pm – 6:00pm.
In the event of a conference day we are open 7:30am – 6:00pm.
The EDP office is closed on all school holidays.
BSS Extended Day Program (EDP)
Blessed Sacrament’s Extended Day Program was established in 1986 in response to the growing need of parents to find safe and supervised after-school care for their children. The program has grown with each passing year, and presently we offer not only after-school care, but also before-school care.
The mission of the Extended Day Program is to instill Christian values and ideals in our families, school, and parish community. It is our hope that with the cooperation and support from our families, Blessed Sacrament School’s faculty and staff, and staff of the Extended Day Program, we will have a program which benefits all, especially our children.
- Provide supervision for students in a loving and relaxed environment where children’s physical and emotional needs are met.
- Provide an environment where children will develop an enthusiasm for learning, exploring, and creativity.
- Establish an atmosphere of respect for others and self in compliance with the rules and regulations of Blessed Sacrament School, the Diocese of Savannah, and the Department of Human Resources for Child Care Providers.
- Meet or exceed all applicable standards required by the State of Georgia.
The Extended Day Program begins each afternoon with a nourishing snack. Homework time is a part of the daily schedule for 1st – 8th grade. Students rotate every :45 minutes through stations of organized games, crafts, and free play. EDP uses a variety of facilities such as the lecture hall, classrooms, cafeteria, Daffin Park, and the school playground. We are fortunate to have a new, state of the art gymnasium for organized play where the children can spread out and exert some energy!
EDP OPERATING HOURS:
- School Days: 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM and 2:40PM to 6:00 PM
- Early Dismissal Days: 12:20 PM to 6:00 PM
- Conference Days: 7:30AM-6:00PM ( ONLY for those registered in the program). EDP is not available on student holidays.
Any child participating in the program must have a completed registration form on file. It is a highly recommended that parents register their child in the event that the program is needed in the event of an emergency.
2022-2023 REGISTRATION & FEES:
Registration deadline is August 2, 2022. Any registration received after the 2nd may be placed on a waiting list.
Registration, per family, is $30.00 until August 2, 2022, and $60.00 after August 2nd. The fee will be billed through FACTS within 10 days of the director receiving the registration form. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Monthly Care: $200 for 1st child (per month), $150 for 2nd child (per month), $100 for 3rd child (per month), 4th child is free per child
- Drop-In: $20 per child morning session (6:30a-7:30a); $20 per child afternoon session (2:40p -6:00p) / $30 per child on Conference Days / $25 per child on early dismissal days.
- For more details on fees see: 2022-2023-Extended-Day-Program-Fees
*Families with more than two children should contact the school directly*
- After 6:00PM: $1.00/minute; $5.00/minute after 6:10PM
- If you are running late please let the EDP Staff know by calling the BSS main office at 912-356-6986.
Monthly participants will be automatically billed on the first of each month. Monthly fees will be automatically withdrawn from your account via FACTS on the 15th of each month. Drop in charges will be billed on the 15th & 30th and withdrawn on the 7th and 20th. We do not prorate fees for partial months. If you wish to cancel your monthly service you must do so in writing 30 days in advance and any fees incurred prior to the notice are the participants’ sole responsibility.
For more information about our safe, and exciting EDP program contact: Lynette Lee, or call the EDP office (912) 356-6986, or call the school office at (912) 356-6987.