Blessed Sacrament School believes that athletics offer beneficial values to the participants and
teaches sportsmanship, self-discipline, and prepare students mentally, physically, emotionally, and
spiritually to meet the challenges of life. The athletic policy is based on the philosophy of Blessed
Sacrament School and the Savannah Deanery.
Athletics include Basketball, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Cross Country, Volleyball and
• Grades 5 & 6 is participatory (all eligible athletes have the opportunity to learn the sport with no cuts).
Focus is on skill development and teamwork. All athletes are guaranteed playing time.
• Grades 7 & 8 is competitive (all eligible athletes have the opportunity to try out, but there may be cuts).
Focus is on skill development and working as a team competitively. All athletes play during the
season, but there is no specific guaranteed playing time.
The following sports may be available to students meeting the eligibility requirements:
- Soccer boys & girls grades 6, 7, 8
- Football boys grades 5, 6, 7, 8
- Flag Football boys grades 3, 4
- Volleyball girls grades 5, 6, 7, 8
- Basketball boys & girls grades 5, 6, 7, 8
- Golf boys & girls grades 6, 7, 8
- Cheerleading girls grades 5, 6, 7, 8
- Cross Country grad es 5, 6 , 7, 8